MERCANTILE ROWING CLUB, MELBOURNE
November news includes
- Invitees announced for December time trial
- Great aerial footage of the Men’s Open Eight finish
- Vale Richard Crawshay
- The masters are everywhere
- Melbourne Head Regatta review
- Mercs athletes added to National Training Centre 2018 Intake
- Masters get four eights out on Thursday night
- Head of the Yarra entries
October news includes
- AGM news
- Thursday nights buzz with masters
- More news from our overseas members
- James Shipton returns to Melbourne (and Mercs)
- Annual Report now available.
- RSVP for AGM
- Rowing Victoria Awards
- Bits and pieces – more
- Mercantile at 2017 Royal Flying Doctor Service rowathon
- Rob Black – FISA Rising Star
- Bits and pieces
- Wrap up of World Championships
- Notice of AGM
- Road closures
- Past Captain Robyn Selby Smith delivers a new pair (of babies)
- Gold for Men’s and Women’s Fours
- Day 6 was a silver day for Australia
- Reminder AGM 22nd October
- Tuesday night ergos
- Member Profiles
Mercantile has a proud history of rowing on the Yarra River and beyond. The club was founded in 1880 by a group of enthusiastic business and sports minded members with the aim to increase the health and recreation of Melbourne’s society via the noble sport of rowing.
From these idealistic beginnings, we have seen the club successfully produce members, who reflect the club’s current day beliefs:
- Excellence and service to the sport of rowing
- Physical and mental health
- Respect for yourself, club members, crew members and competitors
Mercantile has consistently produced members who are leaders in sport, in administration, coaching and athletic performance. Our members have provided representative service to Australia on the World and Olympic stage, including numerous World and Olympic champions. We boast three Thomas Keller medallists, awarded for an outstanding international rowing career (more than any other club in the world); and a whole host of Order of Australia Medallists for services to the sport of rowing. Our membership is broad, inclusive and long lasting.
Our membership base includes existing active members with a 80-year club membership history, to recent new members from school and masters levels.
If you love rowing and the ideals produced from a crisp catch, clean finish and steady roll forward, then Mercantile Rowing Club is the place to be. At Mercantile, as in life, “Every stroke we take, we take a stroke to win”.