MERCANTILE ROWING CLUB, MELBOURNE
Please be aware that the website structure is undergoing a change so not all the links work at the moment with the past news pages. This is being rectified and we apologise for the temporary inconvenience.
April news includes
- Pulling Through – The story of the King’s Cup
- Anzac Day Service
- Member profiles – Joe Fazio and Roger Drummond
- Henley Royal Regatta 2019
- Martin Owen
- Member profiles – Herb Shears
- Bridie O’Donnell’s book
- ANZAC Day Service – 25th April 2019
- Underage selection invitations announced
- More National Championships in pictures
- National team announced
- Keep these dates free
- Vale Brian Dawes
March news includes
- National Championships day 3 in pictures
- National Championships day 2 in pictures
- Victorian Crews
- Scotch Mercantile live broadcast details
- Scotch Mercantile Regatta
- State Championships in pictures
- Keep these dates free
Mercantile has a proud history of rowing on the Yarra River and beyond. The club was founded in 1880 by a group of enthusiastic business and sports minded members with the aim to increase the health and recreation of Melbourne’s society via the noble sport of rowing.
From these idealistic beginnings, we have seen the club successfully produce members, who reflect the club’s current day beliefs:
- Excellence and service to the sport of rowing
- Physical and mental health
- Respect for yourself, club members, crew members and competitors
Mercantile has consistently produced members who are leaders in sport, in administration, coaching and athletic performance. Our members have provided representative service to Australia on the World and Olympic stage, including numerous World and Olympic champions. We boast three Thomas Keller medallists, awarded for an outstanding international rowing career (more than any other club in the world); and a whole host of Order of Australia Medallists for services to the sport of rowing. Our membership is broad, inclusive and long lasting.
Our membership base includes existing active members with a 80-year club membership history, to recent new members from school and masters levels.
If you love rowing and the ideals produced from a crisp catch, clean finish and steady roll forward, then Mercantile Rowing Club is the place to be. At Mercantile, as in life, “Every stroke we take, we take a stroke to win”.