MERCANTILE ROWING CLUB, MELBOURNE
January news includes
- Third generation rowers race for the Club this weekend
- Ballarat Regatta Entries
- Masters race at Rutherglen
- Mercantile camp is underway at Johnsonville
- Opportunity to be part of the King’s Cup Centenary in 2019
- Member profiles
- Members in the news – Danae Bosler
- From the archives – River improvements of 1890s
- Thursday night is Masters big boat night
December news includes
- Merry Christmas
- Opportunity to be part of the King’s Cup Centenary
- Will Legge’s epic row
- Sean Colgan shows us his HRR flair
- Mercantile member finalist in Vicsport awards
- New member profiles
- Vale Peter Gillon
- SIRR 2019 Centenary Celebrations Event Package
- Ever wondered about the benefits of rowing?
- Henley Royal Regatta 2019
- Member Profiles
- From the archives – Morell Bridge
- New Member Profiles – over 150 published
- Thursday Night Social Hour
Mercantile has a proud history of rowing on the Yarra River and beyond. The club was founded in 1880 by a group of enthusiastic business and sports minded members with the aim to increase the health and recreation of Melbourne’s society via the noble sport of rowing.
From these idealistic beginnings, we have seen the club successfully produce members, who reflect the club’s current day beliefs:
- Excellence and service to the sport of rowing
- Physical and mental health
- Respect for yourself, club members, crew members and competitors
Mercantile has consistently produced members who are leaders in sport, in administration, coaching and athletic performance. Our members have provided representative service to Australia on the World and Olympic stage, including numerous World and Olympic champions. We boast three Thomas Keller medallists, awarded for an outstanding international rowing career (more than any other club in the world); and a whole host of Order of Australia Medallists for services to the sport of rowing. Our membership is broad, inclusive and long lasting.
Our membership base includes existing active members with a 80-year club membership history, to recent new members from school and masters levels.
If you love rowing and the ideals produced from a crisp catch, clean finish and steady roll forward, then Mercantile Rowing Club is the place to be. At Mercantile, as in life, “Every stroke we take, we take a stroke to win”.