MERCANTILE ROWING CLUB, MELBOURNE
Please be aware that the website structure is undergoing a change so not all the links work at the moment with the past news pages. This is being rectified and we apologise for the temporary inconvenience.
February news includes
- 61st Scotch Mercantile Regatta
- NSW Championships Review
- Vale Tim Hogan
- School Captains at Mercs
- Member Profiles – Andrew McNeil
- Review of Wendouree Ballarat Regatta
- Congratulations Brigette Carlile
- Congratulations Fiona Albert
- Keep these dates free – important Club events
- From the Archives – The story of the King’s Cup
January news includes
- Wendouree Ballarat Regatta Entries
- Felicity Frederico awarded an honour
- Barwon Regatta entries
- Ballarat Regatta in Pictures
- Third generation rowers race for the Club this weekend
- Ballarat Regatta Entries
- Masters race at Rutherglen
- Mercantile camp is underway at Johnsonville
- Opportunity to be part of the King’s Cup Centenary in 2019
- Member profiles
- Members in the news – Danae Bosler
- From the archives – River improvements of 1890s
- Thursday night is Masters big boat night
Mercantile has a proud history of rowing on the Yarra River and beyond. The club was founded in 1880 by a group of enthusiastic business and sports minded members with the aim to increase the health and recreation of Melbourne’s society via the noble sport of rowing.
From these idealistic beginnings, we have seen the club successfully produce members, who reflect the club’s current day beliefs:
- Excellence and service to the sport of rowing
- Physical and mental health
- Respect for yourself, club members, crew members and competitors
Mercantile has consistently produced members who are leaders in sport, in administration, coaching and athletic performance. Our members have provided representative service to Australia on the World and Olympic stage, including numerous World and Olympic champions. We boast three Thomas Keller medallists, awarded for an outstanding international rowing career (more than any other club in the world); and a whole host of Order of Australia Medallists for services to the sport of rowing. Our membership is broad, inclusive and long lasting.
Our membership base includes existing active members with a 80-year club membership history, to recent new members from school and masters levels.
If you love rowing and the ideals produced from a crisp catch, clean finish and steady roll forward, then Mercantile Rowing Club is the place to be. At Mercantile, as in life, “Every stroke we take, we take a stroke to win”.